Erin Patria Margaret Pizzey, nee Carney. da Cyril Carney MBE Diplomatic Service (d 1980) m. Ruth Patricia Last b 19 Feb. 1939. Educ. Lewiston Manor, Sherborne Dorset; m. 1961 (m dis 1979) 1s Amos b 1967, a da Cleo b. 1961. Grandchildren Keita Craig b. 21 Apr. 1977. Amber Craig b 24 Jan. 1979. Dimitri Scott b 24 Jan. 1997 Dillon Van Legen b Jan. 1990. Deia Pizzey b. 26 May ’02. Joel Quadri b.03.’06
International author USA Harper Collins. Translation rights to: Japan, Russia, Greece, Brazil, Poland, Latvia, Israel and Italy. All English speaking countries. Published poet and playwright. International founder of refuges for battered women and children.
- International Order of Volunteers For Peace, Diploma Of Honour (Italy) 1991.
- Nancy Astor Award for Journalism 1983.
- World Congress of Victimology (San Francisco) 1987 – Distinguished Leadership Award.
- St. Valentino Palm d’Oro International Award for Literature, February 14th, 1994, Italy.
- Lifetime Achievement Award National Family Violence Legislative Resource Centre Sacramento conference February 2008.
Non Fiction Books
- This Way to the Revolution: A Memoir
- Scream Quietly or the Neighbours Will Hear
- Infernal Child (an early memoir)
- Sluts’ Cookbook
- Erin Pizzey Collects
- Prone to violence – Out of print
- Wild Child
- The Emotional Terrorist and The Violence-prone
- The Watershed
- In the Shadow of the Castle
- The Pleasure Palace (in manuscript)
- First Lady
- Counsul General’s Daughter
- The Snow Leopard of Shanghai
- Other Lovers
- Swimming with Dolphins
- For the Love of a Stranger
- The Wicked World of Women
- The Fame Game (work in progress)
- The Lifestyle of an International Best selling Author
- The Man in The Blue Van
- The Frangipani Tree
- Addictions, Dancing, Sand
- Contributed to The New Statesman, The Sunday Times, Cosmopolitan.
- Contributed to journals and newspapers internationally and completed two world tours lecturing on domestic violence and helping to set up refuges.
- 1997 Invited by the German government to Berlin to speak and to show my film. ‘SCREAM QUIETLY OR THE NEIGHBOURS WILL HEAR
- 1979 lunch of honour on Capital Hill sponsored by Congresswoman Lindy Boggs and Congressman Newton-Steer.
- 1978 invited by Mental Heath Association of New Zealand to give lecture tour.
- 1979 invited by US Government and sponsored by The Salvation Army to do a second lecture tour of 21 cities.
- 1979 film Scream Quietly Or The Neighbours Will Hear aired twice nationally on PBS in America.
- 1982 asked to be resident expert on family violence on ‘Phil Donahue Show.
- 1984 gave evidence in San Antonio, Texas to President Reagan’s
- Attorney General’s Task Force on Family Violence.
- Guest of honour in Rome at a conference of International Supreme Court Judges, 1994.
- 1997 Three year grant from The Royal Literary Fund for ‘work of literary merit.
- 1998 Patron of ‘ Care and Comfort Romania,’ a program to build a day care centre for children and an old people’s centre.
- Six weeks speaking tour of Canada 1998 with Senator Ann Cools speaking to men’s groups about the need for non-gendered refuges.
- 2001 Helped fund and open a Health Care Centre at Wandsworth Prison.
- Nov2002 invitation to speak in Bermuda.
- 2004 Patron of ManKind a charity devoted to men’s issues.
- 2004 invitation to Bucking Palace ‘Women of Achievement’ luncheon.
- 2006 Opened the first refuge in Bahrain for Arab women.
- 2007 Invited to work with Wandsworth to open a day centre and a 250 bed facility for vulnerable prisoners in memory of my grandson Keita Craig.
- The Unit will be called The Keita Craig Unit.
- 26th March 08 invited by the Slovenian Ombudswoman to lecture on domestic violence.
FILMS AND DOCUMENTARIES:
- Scream Quietly Or The Neighbours Will Hear.
- Chiswick Women’s Aid – a teaching film.
- That Awful Woman, work in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
- Cutting Edge Channel 4 SANCTUARY. BBC2 BBC documentary ‘Who is failing the family.
- Counterblast 1998.
- Reading, writing, cooking, antiques, violin, gardening, wine, food and travel.
Erin Pizzey – e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org